About how difficult has to kiddies and their mums when teething, known even by those who do not have children. Moms with fear waiting period of appearance of the first tooth, anxiety and excitement is often associated with a lack of quality information. We mainly rely on the stories of mothers and grandmothers about their personal experiences and indescribable agony associated with this process. If you try to break it down, figure out the timing, situations and ways to alleviate the symptoms of the condition, it is proving to first tooth – it is rather one of several pleasant events in the life of the baby and the parents in the first six months of life.
Even before the birth of the baby …
At 3-4 months of pregnancy there is a bookmark of tooth in the fetus. It is very important how you took care of tooth even at that time. For the normal formation and development of the tooth need calcium, which enters the mother’s body along with the food. A pregnant woman needs 1.5 grams of calcium per day. calcium-rich foods: cottage cheese, milk, fish, seafood. A lot of calcium in the egg shell, which can be ground to a fine powder and add themselves to the food. Equally important is the presence of phosphorous and vitamin D (eggs, fish oil, cod liver oil), which also affect the formation of tooth. After giving birth, formation of the permanent tooth, which appears in place of milk for 6-7 years. Therefore, in the first months of life is also required vitamin A (it is given in the form of water-soluble droplets), as well as calcium and phosphorus derived from milk.
So when can you expect tooth?
Build on these terms is important, but equally important to understand that every child – is different. Therefore, there may be deviations in connection with various comorbidities (eg, rickets), baby nutrition (breast or artificial), hereditary factors.
6-9 months – the first lower incisors
7-10 months – upper incisors
9-12 months – top and bottom (side) incisors
12-18 months – upper molars
13-19 months – lower molars
16-20 months – upper canines
17-22 months – lower canines
20-33 months – the second lower molars
24-36 months – the second upper molars
What symptoms indicate that the teething?
-baby scratching the gums, so pulls everything in his mouth. Gums red and badly swollen
-high temperature and symptoms of acute respiratory infections (cold, cough)
-Frequently have diarrhea and bloating
-baby refuses to suck, because he feels with pain
-baby naughty, bad sleep
Many mothers find that not all the tooth were cut the same way. Upper and chewing tooth appear much more painful than others. All understandable. The upper tooth are wider, and therefore cause a lot of pain while teething. Chewable are in the depths of the jaw, so the process is long and painful.
The temperature can be kept to a few days. If it is very high, then you need to see a doctor (preferably rule out other diseases or miss).
How to help your child at home?
To numb the gums swollen and itchy, mothers resort to various magical analgesic gels, which are often in the structure have lidocaine. Contrary to popular misconception to say that these gels does not make it easy and also does not accelerate the eruption, but only for a while anesthetized. Action gels designed for about 30-40 minutes, so how quickly washed away by saliva, which the child simply does not have time to swallow during this period. Besides blocking lidocaine local sensitivity without causing effect on the swelling and inflammation of gums. If you put it before feeding, then because of the sensitivity reduction may worsen the process of sucking. In addition, lidocaine can be absorbed and have a common side effects on the body. It is better not to abuse these gels can be used only in urgent cases. One can hardly say that even a small dose of analgesic and useful baby?
You can ease the condition of the child only partially.
1. At high temperatures, give the kid an antipyretic. You can wipe a wet cloth folds of the arms and legs. Good lowers the temperature by 1-2 degrees vinegar.
Rub vinegar child’s temperature down quickly without drugs.
2. In order to carry infection, the most thoroughly boil nipples and baby toys, which he takes into his mouth.
3. Silicone teether with pimples and the gel inside, bought at the pharmacy, replace the child’s fingers in his mouth. Before you give the baby teether, put it in the freezer for 20 minutes, it will improve the effect.
4. During the 30 minutes before a meal do baby massage gums with your finger, wrapped a wet gauze. The gauze is better to moisten in the infusion of chamomile, oak bark and cool.
5. Can my mother to drink soothing herbal teas (mint, lemon balm). The child will receive them with milk during the next feeding. This is his calm.
6. During an evening swim in the water, add baby sage tea. It has a relaxing and calming effect.
7. Give your child to drink more plain water to compensate for fluid loss with saliva.
8. Not bad helps valerian tincture, which is advised to be rubbed into the gums. It has an unpleasant smell, but the taste is very pleasant and the baby will like.
After the appearance of the first tooth behind them will need regular care. At the age of about two years, dentists are advised to start using a toothbrush. Most likely, this activity like a child, because the kids so love to imitate adults!