According to advertising, a jar of yogurt a day – and you’re skinny beautiful nymph with an excellent digestion, healthy teeth and luxurious hair. Is so, this is the miraculous jar of yoghurt?
What is yoghurt?
This milk product, in fact, is a milk enriched with starter microorganisms. These microorganisms present in yoghurt must contain not less than 107 cfu per 1 gram. Only when this condition is a product to be called yogurt, and only in this case it will bring benefits to the body.
This yoghurt is made from natural milk and yeast, which is a certain amount of beneficial microorganisms. Recently, however, on the shelves of supermarkets are increasingly found a product that is “seasoned” with all sorts of synthetic additives, flavorings and preservatives.
What are the benefits of yoghurt?
If we talk about the present, manufactured by all the rules, yoghurt, it really is very useful for the organism:
– It relieves us from pathogenic microorganisms;
– Normalizes the process of digestion;
– Part of the yoghurt microflora stimulates the action of the immune system;
– Yoghurt is rich in phosphorus and calcium, necessary to complete the work of the body: 100 g of the product is 25% of the daily rate of calcium and 15% phosphorus standards.
This yoghurt can be stored for over a week. Read the packaging: if you see a shelf life of more than 7 days, it is better to refrain from buying – in such a product is “shock” dose of preservatives and, therefore, use it at best useless.
We put in place and jars in which instead of the word “yoghurt” is written “yoghurt product”, “yogurt”, “frugurt”, “biogurt” and the like. Unusual name – just a means of unscrupulous manufacturers to mask the synthetic nature of his “child”, thereby obtaining excess profits at minimum cost. At the same time, as you know, our health with you such grief-makers think the least.
The Harms and Benefits of Yoghurt
Even if in a jar of yogurt you come across pieces of peach, strawberry or mango – do not hurry to rejoice. Fruit acids, “not compatible” as is known from the school chemistry course with such beneficial lactic acid bacteria. For this reason, yogurt can only be frozen or canned fruit, berries, long lost all nutrients. What you may seem “real” pieces of fresh fruit, in fact – scrap obtained remaining after the production of marmalade or jelly. These flavored and enrich scrap obtained by means of citric acid and sugar.
Harms of Yogurt
To make the yogurt is so attractive and the kids loved the taste, manufacturers use flavor enhancer E 951, or aspartame. Penetrating into the human body, aspartame forms formic acid and formaldehyde and other hazardous carcinogens.
It is especially dangerous to eat yogurt from a swollen cup. Fermentation Product caused by either expired shelf life, or the presence of yeast or mold and putrid bacteria. All these “residents”, breeding in yogurt, release carbon dioxide, which “inflates” cup.
How to choose the “right” of yogurt?
Frightened? We decided to permanently withdraw from the purchase of yogurt? In vain! In fact, we just need to learn how
to choose the product in the store, and then it will really bring you and your children a lot of benefits.
1. One of the main indicators of “utility” – the expiration date. The smaller, the better. Notice where yogurt is stored in the store? It must keep only in the refrigerator. If you keep it at a temperature above 8 degrees, the product will deteriorate very quickly, losing all useful and flavoring properties.
2. Carefully read the label on the package. Ideal – if you can find in the store a real “live” yoghurt, to which the package will not label the presence of preservatives, flavorings, “identical to natural” (ie synthetic), pigments, stabilizers, thickeners and other chemical sostavlyayuschih.3. If you buy “yogurter”, “Ermigurt” or another variation on the theme of yogurt – of course, nothing bad will happen, you just get the usual dessert, and nothing more. In such products, no biobaktery or other useful substances contained in natural yoghurt.
4. Sometimes it happens that by buying a natural “live” yoghurt packaging intact, a small shelf life and is in the refrigerator, you brought it home, find at the opening of a small island of mold. What to do? In no case does not have such a product! Even if you carefully take off the mold and its spores still has spread throughout the yoghurt. Therefore, you have two ways – either directly send a yoghurt in the trash, or try to return it to the store.
Finally – one more tip. Of course, the yogurt, if they are made by all the rules – a very useful and tasty product, but does not seek to limit the milk products in the diet for you and your children only yoghurt. Suppose that on your desk every day there are kefir, yoghurt, cheese, cottage cheese, fermented baked milk … Their beneficial effects on the body – no less than that of today’s popular yoghurt.