You probably already re-read more than a dozen articles on how to deal hunger. During a diet, the problem of fighting hunger is especially acute, and at some point it becomes very difficult to follow a diet, as the desire to be satisfied and a feeling of dissatisfaction and even bitterness is haunted almost every minute. Why do we suffer so much because of a shortage of food, why do we deliberately limit ourselves, force the organism? But how else can you safely sit on diet and not be hungry, you will be indignant. And really, as soon as the diet begins, all enthusiasm and fighting spirit disappear somewhere. And against the background of the emerging weakness due to unusually meager nutrition, the motivation that originally pushed you to a feat is drastically reduced. At the same time, we are no longer able to happily imagine what we will be like when we are built up, because all the forces go to the fact.
The Best Ways to Deal With Hunger on a Diet
What to do, how to survive and how to overcome this “disease”? After all, it has already become like a barrel of so much water, recommended by dietitians, to dull the famine. And the occupation was picked up for itself to distract, but rather hunger distracts from this occupation. And I often go for walks, but after staying in the open air, I want to eat even more, and to keep from eating is much more difficult, and until the next meal another whole hour of torment.
Such a struggle exhausts not the body, but nerves, from which the entire body suffers. And what if you do not fight hunger? But then you have to quit everything and eat enough to be calm, peaceful and happy again. No, you do not need to throw a diet, maybe you really need it. Let’s go in a different way, unaccustomed to us, that is. we will no longer fight hunger, but on the contrary, make friends with him!
Why should we be friends with hunger and how is this to be understood?
To begin with, to be friends means to understand and accept. Our minds are always looking for answers to questions, explanations and proofs. And since we often do not understand the essence of the signal of hunger, we tend to feel sorry for ourselves, based on the erroneous opinion that we are raping our bodies and, in the end, often yield to our weakness, throwing a diet. However, such an opinion is wrong. The correct thing is that we are struggling with bad habits, in our case with chronic overeating. It’s like fighting alcoholism – it’s difficult, but necessary. Overeating, obesity, diabetes, hypertension and other diseases caused by malnutrition – this is something that really has to be fought, not with a sense of hunger.
Before I successfully completed one of the diet, I myself had to go through these “hungry” tests, as a result of which I threw everything halfway and returned to the usual diet. But the feeling of defeat and guilt before me did not give me rest, and I began to understand and study the essence of hunger and why it is so difficult for me to bear it? This is what I came to.
The signal of hunger comes to us in the form of various ailments: weakness, dizziness, nausea and other. But is it true that this feeling arises from the formed emptiness in the stomach? Dependence, of course, exists, but in fact, the weakness and deterioration of mood, primarily, depend on the concentration of sugar in the blood. You probably noticed that a piece of cake or chocolate can give you cheerfulness and good mood. About how else you can improve your mood, read in the article “How to wake up in a good mood”. This does not mean that with the first symptoms of hunger, you need to immediately use something sweet.
On the contrary, if you try to dampen the manifestations of hunger with easily assimilated carbohydrates (sugar, candy, chocolate, etc.), you will only achieve sweetness. This is explained by the fact that light carbohydrates quickly raise the level of sugar in the blood, which should also move quickly to cells, this is the main purpose of sugar – it is fuel for cell work. And as soon as the sugar passes from the blood to the organs, the brain will begin to sound the alarm again about the alleged completion of fuel and it is necessary to replenish its reserves in blood so that the cells do not experience exhaustion. Unfortunately, the brain can’t determine if enough energy reserves in the cells, its function is limited only to the recognition of sugar in the blood. And in cells most often because of uncontrolled appetite and eating harmful carbohydrates their excess is formed, which leads to the deposition of the latter in the form of fat stores as if on a “rainy day”.
With our physical loads, cells do not need the quantity of sugars we are used to eating. But carbohydrates are contained in virtually any kind of food, even in pickles, bread, all kinds of sour and spicy sauces contains hidden sugar. But we continue to also absorb sugar in its pure form – sweets, biscuits, sugar, cakes, etc. But carbohydrates are contained in virtually any kind of food, even in pickles, bread, all kinds of sour and spicy sauces contains hidden sugar. But we continue to also absorb sugar in its pure form – sweets, biscuits, sugar, cakes, etc. But carbohydrates are contained in virtually any kind of food, even in pickles, bread, all kinds of sour and spicy sauces contains hidden sugar. But we continue to also absorb sugar in its pure form – sweets, biscuits, sugar, cakes, etc.
You will have to choose: to suffer for some time manifestations of hunger “breaking”, knowing its causes, eliminating them, and embark on a path of healthy nutrition, or succumb to weakness and destroy your health at will. About healthy nutrition read here.
For those who have chosen the path to health and harmony
Now we understand what hunger is and where it comes from. Dwell on it will not, and let’s begin to eliminate the causes of the signal that has raged in our body, and gradually reduce its loudness.
So, why should we abandon such sweetened to us sweets. As mentioned above, fast carbohydrates begin to be absorbed already in the oral cavity. They sharply increase the blood sugar level, but this effect is very short-lived, since the necessary amount of insulin is injected into the blood at the same speed, so that this type of fuel can be transferred to the tissue cells. Then again there is a feeling of hunger because of sharp jumps of this indicator. And we are full again, and unburned calories continue to be stored in the form of fat. But we have other plans with you.
Should I completely abandon carbohydrates to prevent obesity? In no event, because proteins, fats and carbohydrates are the basic substances that make up our body. But only carbohydrates should choose the right ones. Let us turn to the ancient man. He, as well as the modern one, consisted of the same proteins, fats and carbohydrates. But before, there was not such a variety of culinary delights as ice cream, chocolate and even sugar, people started to produce not so long ago. Where, then, did the primitive man receive these same carbohydrates and did not experience a deficit in them? Judging by how much he wasted energy, to get himself animal proteins and fats on the hunt, his body had enough fuel for such accomplishments. The whole point is that carbohydrates are contained in sufficient quantities in products of vegetable origin: all kinds of vegetables, fruits, cereals. These are the carbohydrates that our ancestor used to feed, which means that nature gives our body all the necessary substances. So why are we, not experiencing heavy physical exertion, can’t do without artificially created carbohydrates? It’s all about their sweet, pleasant taste, to which a person quickly becomes accustomed, and what is added is “sugar” addiction.
Someone invented another sweet delicacy to make money on sweet shoppers, and we are happy to shell out food that is not at all useful for us. But from that day on we became smarter and began to understand what we need and what is harmful to our health. So how to keep from harmful food? Can’t do without artificially created carbohydrates? It’s all about their sweet, pleasant taste, to which a person quickly becomes accustomed, and what is added is “sugar” addiction. Someone invented another sweet delicacy to make money on sweet shoppers, and we are happy to shell out food that is not at all useful for us. But from that day on, we have become smarter and started to understand what we need and what is bad for our health. So how to keep from harmful food? Can’t do without artificially created carbohydrates? It’s all about their sweet, pleasant taste, to which a person quickly becomes accustomed, and what is added is “sugar” addiction. Someone invented another sweet delicacy to make money on sweet shoppers, and we are happy to shell out food that is not at all useful for us. But from that day on, we have become smarter and started to understand what we need and what is bad for our health. So how to keep from harmful food? But from that day on, we have become smarter and started to understand what we need and what is bad for our health. So how to keep from harmful food? But from that day on we became smarter and began to understand what we need and what is harmful to our health. So how to keep from harmful food?
This is how I struggled with the taste habits and got rid of the false need for artificial sugars. An important feature – all the changes are introduced gradually.
– For a start, I began to eat sweet only until 13.00, but, by no means on an empty stomach. So experts recommend in the field of nutrition. The peak of the work of the brain and organs occurs just at the time of the evening. Ideally, if it is dark chocolate or jam with tea between breakfast and lunch. At other times of the day, I ate like that primitive man, who, in addition to sweet fruit, did not have anything sugar. What other “right” foods can be included in your diet read in the article “How to Lose Weight Without Dieting”.
– The second rule I followed was a compulsory glass of water 15 minutes before a meal. This method reduces appetite and improves peristalsis, especially when taken on an empty stomach. And yet, if you’ve ever watched foreign TV series, you’ve probably noticed that their characters drink tea or coffee without any bite, ie. Without sweets, cookies, etc., as we are used to doing. They drink these habitual drinks without sugar. I personally learned to drink tea, in particular green, without sugar and sweets from a familiar Chinese. When we were visiting them, on the table they never had sweets for tea, and when he came to us, he never touched a sweet. During my trip to China, my husband was surprised to find that we all know from the advertisement chocolate bar with peanuts produced in China, not as sweet as we have. But the Chinese themselves do not eat sweets. I think, that it is worthwhile to take an example from people who look so young compared to us. In addition, the diet can add folk remedies for weight loss – infusions, juices, decoctions.
– Next, I made my habit of eating breakfast every morning with porridges, but without sugar, but with a spoonful of honey or dried fruit (dried apricots, raisins, prunes). Kashi from whole grains is a source of complex carbohydrates, which are also a supplier of energy, but are absorbed into the blood slowly without causing sharp jumps in blood sugar levels. It is these carbohydrates that are necessary for the coordinated work of the body.
– It is also necessary to reduce portions to exclude the ingestion of a large number of carbohydrates with a large volume of food. In order not to experience severe discomfort from hunger eat 5 times a day a little, for dinner there must be the most difficult to digest product – protein (meat, fish, poultry, legumes). For a garnish to cook or eat raw vegetables.
– In my daily diet I included more vegetables and fermented milk products (whole milk to me, like many others, is not suitable). Unsweetened cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt, etc. not too high in calories, but at the same time very useful and should be present in our diet every day. By the way, if you were hungry before sleep, then it’s time to drink a glass of kefir. Vegetables, due to the maintenance in them of fiber, well swell in a stomach and for a long time give sensation of satiety. In addition, the fiber cleanses the intestines from undigested food residues. Vegetables also contain carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
– If there are sweets at home, then the fruit should not end in the refrigerator, so that if you want to eat sweets, you have opted for fruit or dried fruit.
– I also began to get rid of sharp mood swings, stresses, began to learn quietly to perceive unexpected changes and not to wind myself over trifles. Because during the time of nervousness I ate large amounts of food, among which there was always a place and a sweet. How to get rid of stress, read in the article “How To Get Rid of Stress”.
By these methods, by the time of the second pregnancy, I managed to get rid of the addiction to sweets that developed during the first pregnancy. Apparently, a certain role and a more conscious attitude to your health and the health of the unborn child played a certain role, as well as the comparative weight at the beginning of the first and second pregnancies: this difference was +7 kg to the second. In addition, I noticed that the more in the diet of sweet, the sharper the hunger, which won me in the struggle for harmony during diets. Then I remembered that you need to treat not the disease itself, but its cause. So it turned out that unbearable hunger is the result of sharp changes in blood sugar level, which is equivalent to hypoglycemic symptoms in diabetes mellitus, when the insulin level on a hungry stomach drops sharply and the condition can deteriorate until fainting.
If it’s hard for you to cope with your hunger, then try to concentrate your attention not on “illness” but on its causes. You probably will notice that it’s time for you to replace artificial sugars with natural ones.