Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) – one of the first plant, which appears in the garden in spring and grows up to fall. There are two varieties – the root, which are used as food and root and leaves, and leaf – only the leaves. Leaf parsley is common and curly. And she and the other have the same nutritional value.
Parsley is a great value for health, because it is very rich in nutrients. It has many vitamins – A and G (. 50g in green leaves of parsley contains a daily dose of these vitamins), B1, B2, PP, K. In addition, it contains the most important organism for potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, zinc, enzymes , including inulin, which regulates the exchange of blood glucose.
Although we primarily use parsley as an indispensable seasoning for a long time it is used in folk medicine as a drug. Parsley rich green pigment chlorophyll, which, like iron can influence the oxidation processes in the body, and is useful for anemia. Parsley juice supports normal function of adrenal and thyroid glands, strengthens blood vessels and capillaries, has a hypoglycemic action (which is especially important for diabetics), is useful in heart diseases.
The juice is squeezed from the green parts of the plant, by passing it through a meat grinder or juicer previously chopped.
Benefits of Parsley in Health and Beauty
Parsley cleanses the kidneys, liver, biliary and urinary tract, helps in diseases of the kidneys and bladder, is used as a diuretic. Parsley stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes and increases peristalsis. It is used for indigestion, sluggish digestion to increase appetite and gastritis with low acidity.
When applied topically parsley promotes healing of wounds, burns and ulcers, acts as a disinfectant. Pulp from its leaves is applied to the places of mosquito bites, bee, abscesses. Parsley useful in inflammatory processes in the gums and oral mucosa. It is an excellent natural remedy, freshening breath. You can safely eat garlic, then chewing parsley leaves, remove the smell.
A decoction or infusion of the leaves and roots of parsley (1:20) is used for painful menstruation, cramps, disorders of the menstrual cycle. His drink 1/4 cup 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals. For these purposes, also a mixture of parsley juice and beet (for 75ml. Each).
For general cleaning of the organism from salts with parsley root wash, chopped root grate. 1 cup parsley put in a pot, pour 2 cups of boiling water and let it brew. Drink 10 days, then take a break in 2 days, and drink another 10 days. So clean and the vessels, and joints, and liver.
Parsley widely used for cosmetic purposes. It is rich in vitamin A, so it is very useful for the skin and is an integral part of many cosmetic products. Applying parsley possible and to cook homemade cosmetics. Parsley helps to relieve redness and puffiness, brightens, refreshes and tones the skin, protects it from wrinkles, helps to get rid of blackheads.
- For dry skin. Tablespoon chopped parsley roots and boil in two cups of water for 15-20 minutes, cool and strain. Either finely chop parsley beam, allow to stand for 12 hours in a 0.5 L of cold water, strain. The resulting decoction or infusion, wipe your face and neck morning and evening.
- For oily skin Tablespoon parsley pour a glass of water, boil for 15-20 minutes, cool, strain and add 1 glass of white wine. Wipe face and neck.
For dry skin:
- Mix 2 teaspoons skim curd teaspoon broth parsley, teaspoon vegetable oil and the same amount of lemon juice. Apply to cleansed face for 15-20 minutes, rinse with cool water.
- Mix a tablespoon of chopped parsley (pre-rub that juice was made) with a tablespoon of sour cream. Apply to cleansed face for 15-20 minutes, rinse with cool water.
For oily skin:
- parsley juice mixed with honey, add a few drops of lemon juice. Apply to cleansed face for 15-20 minutes, rinse with cold water.
- By 2 tablespoons parsley, add warm It is highly crushed in a coffee grinder rolled oats to form a slurry. Thick coat the cleaned skin for 15-20 minutes, rinse with cold water.
For any skin: Parsley finely chopped, add water, bring to the boil and filter. Mush cause on the gauze and apply to face for 30 minutes. Then wipe it with a dry cotton swab.
For skin whitening:
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley pour 1/2 cup of boiling water, leave for 10-15 minutes, strain. Wipe clean skin this infusion of parsley or juice (if age spots) in the morning and evening.
- For dry and normal skin. To add the chopped parsley mayonnaise. Apply on face and neck for 15 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, lemon juice and honey. Apply on face for 15 minutes.
Acne: 2-3 times a day to lubricate the affected places of parsley juice, pre-clearing their milk dressing.
When swelling century mask made from parsley roots. Parsley roots miss through a meat grinder and apply the mask to the skin around the eyes for 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
If eye fatigue helps compress parsley. Bags made of gauze fill chopped parsley and into hot water. After the liquid drain and the bags are cooled slightly, 3-4 minutes attach them to the closed eyelids, then at some time hold the eye in cold water soaked cotton swabs.
Parsley juice is very good and freckles. Mix parsley pour boiling water for 20-30 minutes., Strain and cool. Wipe 2-3 times a day.
To hair shone, rinse them after washing decoction of parsley.
When buying, draw the parsley with healthy dark green leaves. Keep it may be in the refrigerator in a plastic bag for 1 week. For long term storage parsley cut and frozen in a plastic bag. For cosmetic purposes, you can make ice from the juice, tincture and decoction of parsley. They rubbed the face, leaving the liquid for 15-20 minutes, then wash off with water and smeared the face with a nourishing cream.